Case Study: Introduction (Assisitive Devices or Technolgy)
Assisitve Communication Devices
Introduction:
Assistive communication devices evolution can refer to any device that helps a person with a hearing loss , voice, speech, or language disorder to communicate.
In my case study, I decided to choose Assistive Communication Devices, because these Assistive devices are an essential part of communication evolution as well as, these devices can help people to tackle their disability. Also, I strongly believe that disabled people feel isolated from the society, so I decided to choose this case to engage these targeted people in the community life.
My focus will be on assistive listening devices (ALDs) or Hearing Assistance Technology (HAT), which are available to help people with all degrees of hearing loss to meet these significant communications needs.Outlining the issues these devices could face for example, in case of a listening device : Infrared assisitve listening device,this device can ecounter a porblem such as IR signals can be obstructed by barriers which containing using the signals indoors ,as well as, the transmit limits which can affect negativley if the device did not transmit the suitable signals.then I will be displaying the hsitory of listening devices and their impacts from the past until now.
Furthermore, I will look to some pervious researches about the topic and acquire some information to help me develop the idea and the understanding of the asisstive lsitening device as well as, inverstigate organisations that has relation to my study to get some answers,which will imporve my understanding and make me visulaise the device that I want to create in the future to help these targeted group.
Source:https://chs.asu.edu/programs/schools/department-speech-and-hearing-science/advantages-and-disadvantages-assistive
It would be good to add some in-text citations to your work to pick out specific pieces of research that you have gathered from other sources. You have linked this well with your major project as a whole. As we discussed in class, we need to see some specific manufacturers of assistive devices that are relevant to your project and try to look at some innovative technology or software that is currently being developed that may then influence your choice of device size, material and tech.
ReplyDelete